Thursday 30 June 2016

Breaking Blog


I've decided to take a break from blogging, though I'll dip in and out if there are any major stories.

As you can imagine I'm (mentally) exhausted. The Assembly election was bad enough, but the fallout from the EU referendum hasn't helped with the outside prospect of another UK General Election this autumn looming on the horizon - though the Tory leadership candidates appear to be backtracking on that.

Trying to maintain some sort of balance whilst attempting to cover so many different points of view – instead of just blurting out my own – is taxing. I can barely look at the blog at the moment, let alone post anything.

I've been quiet on the independence front for a while – I'm sure you can all understand why – but I'll make up for that soon. I've almost finished a rewrite of my 2012 series on defence policy, so you've got that to "look forward to" with the aim being to post them in August. Though, with the current constitutional situation as it is, they could well end up being my last blogs on Welsh independence.

Once that's out of the way I'll decide whether the break will be more permanent.


0 comments:

Post a Comment